Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cole Porter 'Night and Day' song (There's nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so!)


The title of this great Cole Porter song -Night and Day - also describes the sometimes changeable nature of my outlook on life.

Example: It is late evening, and I'm thinking about all I have to accomplish in the week ahead - rare books publishing, articles writing, connecting with my mentors and friends, technical problem solving that i had promised my friend, a call to my sister, work discussion with my partner on a joint venture, and so on, not to mention the minutiae of phone calls, email, internet searches, and follow up associated with each project.

I feel overwhelmed, tired, self-absorbed, and incapacitated.

Next morning: I awake before dawn and do some deep breathing. I meditate, watch the sun rise, and eagerly anticipate the day.

Today, I will learn outcome of my joint venture discussions with a partner, have the opportunity to create a new piece of writing, posting to my blogs, and maybe take a walk and enjoy some fresh air.

The same circumstances that seemed daunting, scary, and impossible to manage the night before appear filled with potential this morning. I am doomed - I am lucky. I'll get sick - I feel great! I will certainly fail - My day is filled with promise.

We call these "Night and Day" viewpoints the Good Reality and the Bad Reality, there is the yang side of it and a yin side of it. I would rather be in the YANG side of things - the Good Reality, pointing to the positive, pleasant, and full of possibility. The sun is shining, birds singing, and life is easy, flowing and fun. Problems exist, but i acknowledge these will be part of life. You cannot have just the SUN existing in our universe; there will be the moon arising when night falls.

My energy is strong and resilient.

But sometimes I drop into the BAD reality, where life is difficult, depressing, and stressful. Some times in the middle of the night I cried. Truth is, I've been cheated, betrayed by people close to me before. These painful past memories will weigh me down, making me inadequate, and feeling powerless. I simply cannot delete these memories from my brain just like deleting files from my PC. I can't find my energy or my spirit when this happens.

Is it a choice? I think it is. Something is happening out there, and my viewing lens changes my experience. My thinking makes it so.

Sometimes I can get there on my own steam. I just change my mind, or laugh at myself, or both. When I'm too tired to find the road back, I rest or take myself out for a cup of tea. When I am kind to myself, the Good Reality always returns. When I CHOOSE to look for all the awesome things in my life, the GOOD reality will return.

And so I experiment with the Reality channel and how the external world changes with my viewing lens. Shall I live in the Good or Bad Reality today? How about you? Which one are you in now? Can you cross over?

I would love to hear from you on these questions. Is today awesome? Tell us!

The capacity to believe that by changing my thinking I can change my reality is a gift. I know this. Partly, my life is about sharing this gift.

I hope you have an AWESOME day today!!!

"There's nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

I have just finished compiling the 3rd set of my RARE BOOKS! Check them out here and get for yourself a copy if you have not done so. Gift a friend too! :-)

------------

"Give a gift of inspiration to all your friends, family members and lover!"
How to deal with Loneliness
Feeling lonely? Find out what you can do on your lonely weekends!(tons of weird, crazy, fun ideas!!!)
"Want to know what your future has in store for you? Want to your own Destiny? Get your FREE insightful Destiny Reports!"
"How to Retire At Whatever Your Age!" - An amazing course! Highly recommended!
How to save a Relationship! (PROVEN methods, works for all men and women!)
"What Men Want!" - What men want you to know, secrets he will never, ever tell you in your face!
"What Women Want" - Get insider peek into her mind and heart!
"FREE Book for you! - 101 Amazing Ways to Say I Love You! (Value $47)" (scroll down the site for instructions to get access to contents in the book!)
"How to make anyone fall in love with you!" - Attract your Mr/Mrs Right TODAY!
"Give a gift of inspiration to all your friends, family members and lover!" - No more headaches to finding the perfect gifts for your loved ones, give them something that will MOVE them to tears!
"Find out your Biorhythms online!"
"Have a pressing question or doubt? Want some wise advice fast?Ask the I Ching for advice!"
"What's the best decision to make? Get your FREE Rune Readings!"
"Get your FREE Taort Readings! Know what your future has in store for you! Know what is the BEST decision to make!"
"Which lover or friend is the best one for you? Check your love compatibility!"
"Give a gift of inspiration to all your friends, family members and lover!"
How to deal with Loneliness
Feeling lonely? Find out what you can do on your lonely weekends!(tons of weird, crazy, fun ideas!!!)

No comments: